Discover archery – through the craft, art and science of primitive skills. We can start with shooting, crafting or both. The core craft is making a long bow, suitable for recreation, competition or serious hunting. Shooting arrows is part of bowmaking, but proficiency is not required.
Experience the Wonderful Aspects of Archery Today.
Magic – the marvel of form, aiming and watching an arrow in flight
Value – an activity perfect for all ages, putting us all together
Safety – consistently ranking in the top of the safest sports
Workshops times, training and demonstrations are scheduled for your convenience. Call to reserve.
Kids, youths, adults, families and hunters – all welcome – all fun!
- Learn why bows work and compare the different materials and shapes.
- Choose a bow to match your size, strength and crafting level.
- Crafting can begin anywhere from a U-finish bow to tillering a raw stave.
Arrows, Strings & Accessories
- Design and make the right arrows for your bow.
- Make custom quivers, leather bow grips, tip protectors, string keepers.
- Braid and serve a Flemish-twist bow string.
- Enter your archery craft in the local fair. Best of show? – let’s do it.
Training & Shooting
- Learn how to set up & adjust your bow & equipment for best arrow flight.
- Develop traditional field archery styles and intuitive shooting techniques.
- We have targets at my shop and several excellent local ranges.
Certified classes (JOAD, 4H and Adult Achievement) are available year-round for your organization or individual. Certified classes run 8 sessions (60-90 min each) and include equipment use and class materials.
For local and out-of-town groups we can arrange a mobile workshop to come to you – where you craft in your shop or we set up portable targets for training in your space.
Archery demonstrations and all-ages first-time shooter sessions are available for your outdoor events (pending feasibility and local restrictions) – call for detail and planning.
- Bow materials range from $50 to $150 per bow
- Arrow materials range from $4 (youth) to $15 (hunting)
- Workshops and Lessons- $10/session (for small supplies)
- General and Certified Training programs available – call for registration and fee info